Monday, March 17, 2014

Time For An iPhone Dump

It's that time again. The iPhone dump time. Family...enjoy yourselves!

Brody loves his bubbles


This was on a mommy/daughter date day to Opry Mills. 


Meet our sponsor son Belete. He lives on Entoto Mountain in Ethiopia, and is 14 years old. He is an orphan who lost both parents several years ago. He was living with his grandmother but she made him leave the "home" because she couldn't afford to take care of him anymore and afford her HIV medicine too. She felt as though with him being healthy that he would be able to fend for himself.  He was begging for food and had to quit school because of his displacement and inability to pay for it. Can you even imagine this being your son, nephew, brother, cousin, or friend? I have the sweetest video of him telling his story. He is one of the kids that was in the child sponsorship program that I set up when I returned from Ethiopia last year. He now has a place to stay, 3 meals/day, and is going back to school. Plus, he is volunteering with the Feeding Program on Saturdays for the other kids who are in the sponsorship program who still need sponsors! This kid is amazing! If you are interested in sponsoring one of the children from Entoto Mountain, you can email me at KBlevins@ordinaryhero.org and I can send you some profile pictures and a brief backstory on them. Sponsorship doesn't just change their lives, it will change your life as well!


This is a little biography Chloe wrote about our family. Love how she calls out her brother being mean and my cooking having no flavor sometimes. Ha!!!


Please, can someone tell me WHY these books were on the shelf in Chloe's book fair at school this week?!? RIDICULOUS! Inappropriate and seductive covers for sure. When the assistant librarian was asked about them, she skirted around the issue saying that the company who supplies our book fair sends only elementary age approved books and to ask the head librarian about them. So, I got home and looked them up on Amazon. Yeah...these books are for 7th grade and for 12-17 year olds. Not quite elementary school. And honestly, my middle schooler wouldn't be reading them either if I have a choice. Still waiting to see what the librarian is going to do about this. UGH! Another reason that I have been researching K12 today.


my extent of Pinterest lately - took all of our water bottles and put them in a shoe thing inside the pantry door to clear out some space in the cabinets. Best pin ever!


Me and my neighbor (aka - best friend) before our St Patty's 5K

and the AFTER.... but we beat our goal by 3 mins and 44 seconds. Yay us!


This is how God is rocking my world right now. Enough said.


And this is how Brody looks when he comes out from cleaning his room. Toboggan, boxer briefs over the pajamas, and my fuzzy socks on with tears streaming that he just can't clean anymore. But guess what! He hadn't cleaned up one thing! I'd say he got somewhat distracted. Oh how I love this kid. I mean, how could you not?!? Look at him!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Love your iPhone dump! I need to do one. I'm always looking for pics of Tigist when they post on FB.